Friday, September 12, 2008

Welcome to Iowa

It's been a while since I've blogged, life in Iowa can get pretty hectic. Not really, but we've been getting settled into the new place, Mel's bachelorette party was last weekend and her shower the weekend before. Today I was looking forward to a fun, pretty low key weekend that included drinking wine tonight and going to Chicago tomorrow to get my hair done and have dinner with some friends, O and stock up on groceries from Trader Joe's.

Well, I left work and as I was driving(practicing Shakira for karoke next Wednesday at Ribco)to meet Mel for a funfilled hour of Cardio Funk at Gold's Gym.. BOOM! I became a part of a three car accident. Rear ended by someone who was rear ended by someone without insurance. Go figure, just my luck. AND come to find out there are no uninsured motorists laws in Iowa to protect innocent people like me so I'm stuck paying a 500$ deductible to get my car fixed... grrrrrrrrrrrr..... i'm taking this as my official "Welcome to Iowa"

On a lighter note! Photos from the past few weekends fesivities are uploading now!! To be posted in a bit!

O, and for those of ou who were wondering...didn;t make Cardio Funk...but we got there for Butts and Gutts!

No comments: