Thursday, March 27, 2008

He had me at dendrobium orchids....













Thanks for all the comments! I'm so glad everyone is checking out the blog!

So, the last couple weeks have been a whirlwind. First deciding what time of year we wanted our wedding to take place during and then.. the actual year! I am learning why people take a year plus to plan their wedding but it can be done in a shorter time frame and things are looking good. Last weekend we were able to secure a lot of our vendors which has allowed for much more chill time this week!

So far we have our venue, cake baker, dj, photographer and florist! O, and mom's favorite the linen vendor :)
The highlight of this past weekend, for me, was working with the Damien from Milan Flower Gardens. I brought some of my ideas with me and he definetely saw my vision! Here are some pictures of flowers I like and a little sampling of what Damien the florist put together for me. Most of the flowers will be white, but there will be some accents of green and purple. My favorite is the center piece of all dendrobium orchids.

4 comments:

furlong family said...

YOU SOUND WELL ORGANIZED. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHANGE CAREERS AND BECOME A WEDDING PLANNER!

Anonymous said...

The flowers are gorgeous! We are so excited to celebrate with you in August! I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful and fun!

The Adventuresome Road to Where? said...

I am thinking about a career change hmmmm... you may be on to something!

angie

The Rusk's said...

The flowers are very nice. I've always liked the tall vases for the table settings. I think that makes a great statement when you enter the room and they do not interfere with your guests' conversations while dining.