Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blue Dog

A blue living room deserves a Blue Dog. What's a Blue Dog? Well, I have been in love with a Blue Dog for years. Blue Dog is the subject matter for George Rodrigue, an artist from New Orleans. Last time Mike and I were there we went to the gallery to buy a print. Little did we know that prints, PRINTS, and the smallest ones, that we saw, start at 2k. YIKES. We did not walk out with our print that day.

There are so many reasons that I love this artist. First I love that he is a Louisiana native. Most of you know, Nola has always had my heart. I would live their in second if I could find employment there. I love how he integrates Nola into many of his paintings, the moss, the plantations homes, mardi gras ect. I love the Blue Dog's eyes. It's that empty gaze that my dogs give me quite often, although when you know the dog you know it's not empty. Last, I love the colors.

Because I know that this Blue Dog would looks so, so amazing in my living room I've figured out a way to get what I want, I think... There are a few books that I've found online that are collections of prints. I am looking at the dimensions of the books and one is 10 x 12. I figure that I can buy this book, pick 2 or 3 of my favorites, have them matted and frame them myself. I just hope that the prints are full size. Wish me luck on my project!





p.s when you see the real deal, painting not print, in my living room some day, you'll know that i have "made it"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

<3 those. I hope you get the real deal soon :) xoxo