Thursday, December 31, 2009

On to the next!

I am a huge fan of NYE. NYE means a new start, new hopes, new chances, new dreams and a little bit of bubbly. My hopefullness usually comes to a crashing halt the morning of Jan 1 when my hangover kicks in, but for one night it is a glorious feeling.

I wish I had a blog devoted to NYE only. I'd say from 16 on my NYE celebrations have been something for the books, minus the 2008 To Catch A Predator marathon Mike and I got sucked into before finally heading out to our fav bar around midnight lol.

Hmm, I think 95 was the year I spent at my friend Carly's house dancing around the living room to Rancid all night then a morning mountain at Ross'. Nevermind that we spent the next day sanding her parents coffee table before they got home.

Then there was 2000 spent at JR's, the best dance bar ever in the Quad Cities that is no longer.

2001 was Spin in Chicago where my ex gay boyfriend was drugged, I think. Julie and I threw him in bed then went out for breakfast. That was a fun one, in fact, I just used one of the commemoritve champagne glasses this past weekend.

Julie and I through one in 2002 at our place. I remember pretty lights, being in the neighbors apartment and that's about it.

There were a few at Neo. A year where I hit up parties at both Erin's and Julies places and last year at the Lodge.

This year Mike and I are having a little pre-party at our place before heading out to Late Bar. I am so excited to go here since it just opened this past Saturday and my favorite Chicago DJ is the owner. With our great group of friends going I am SURE there will be fun pics to post once my hangover subsides. Late Bar will be rockin the 80's tunes all night, and I found the perfect dress for the occasion yesterday.

NYE is always so random and this year I look forward to the new with a sparkle in my eye. LOL

No comments: