Tuesday, May 27, 2008

hand grenades, hurricanes and rainstorms








Well, our New Orleans trip has come and gone... after three days of hand grenades, hurricanes and rainstorms... we both could have used about three more! The trip was a lot of fun but went way to fast. We spent a lot of time eating, drinking and lounging. It was AWESOME to enjoy the warm weather too! While we were there we found the best store EVER!








All things fleur de lis! Even toilet paper! I REALLY had to hold myslef back but there were a few things I just could not resist. First, a fleur de lis door knocker which will be placed on our front door someday when we own a house, a fleur de lis cookie cutter which will hopefully make its debut soon..yum! And, a fleur de lis purple ceramic bowl made from a local artist. I was in HEAVEN! While walking around the city I noticed the symbol every where flags, tshirts, coffee cups, artwork, jewelry. We learned, from a post card, that since Katrina the city has adopted the symbol that now signifies hope, rebuild and restoration for the city. Just another reason while I love the fleur de lis.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that store is awesome, where is it at? never seen it before...
For some reason I almost cried when I read about the door knocker... exciting stuff down the road :)

The Adventuresome Road to Where? said...

awwww.. you're so sweet! the store is in the french market area on decater. i've been in there before but i think they've since change their prodcut offering to be mostly fleur de lis stuff... so awesome! i REALLY did have to hold myself back.. but now that I know they have a website :)

angie

Anonymous said...

Great. I had finally gotten over my vacay jealousy, and then I come across these pics. Looks/sounds like it was a lot of fun!