Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Little Under the Weather

It hit me Friday at work, I made it through the day but have been taking it easy all weekend. I'm not really sick just have a stuffy nose and a sore throat. What a great reason to have a low key weekend! Aside from eating lots of soup, yummy bread and smoothies from Greatest Grains, Mike and I took some time to hang a couple more things on the walls. I'd bought some paper a while back and thought that if I could find some frames the prints would look cool in our living room. I didn't want to spend the money to have them framed since they are just pieces of paper I found on sale at Cottage Corner in Davenport http://www.cottagecorner.net/ and I have a whole pile of art and prints I've bought the last few years to have framed first!

While walking aimlessly through Gordmans yesterday I found the frames! At only 10$ a piece they were perfect!





Next up, a really cool etsy.com find! I found this piece at a store called Abandoned Treasures. I had marked it as one of my favorites about a month ago. A few weeks later I received an email from the seller. She noticed I had marked this as a fav and offered to sell it to me with free shipping. With a $9.95 discount I was sold and the treasure was mine!



Alis volat propiis is Latin for "she flies with her own wings" beautiful! The phrase is painted on an antique door panel and now hangs in our kitchen. (notice the fleur de lis too)

Last but not least, we picked up a winterberry wreath at Gordmans. The is our homage the the East Coast. We spent last Thanksgiving visiting Mike's family out there. I noticed that everyone had some sort of winterberry decor in their home. I thought they were beautiful, and if we'd had a winter wedding winterberries would have been our theme.

No comments: