Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day




This morning I dragged my butt out of bed at 6 am to get to the polls by 7. I was a little groggy, but shortly after arriving that turned to excitement. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of people already in line and didn't mind the 30 minute wait to vote. As far back as I can remember living in America has been a privilege, the world was hopeful, the economy great, employment, not a problem. Boy, has that changed in the past 8 years! For the first time I really feel that my vote can and will begin to heal the US. It will take time, but I'd rather not wait another four years for the process to begin.

Tonight I will returning to the lovely city of Chicago to attend the rally at Grant Park. Hopefully around midnight I will be listening to a victory speech along with millions of other Americans!

No comments: