Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Spontaneity

Mike and I have been planning, or rather talking about going out East in August for a few months now. Well, what do you know, it's the night before and we are FINALLY making arrangements. There were a few pending issues going on in our lives that didn't allow us to commit to the actual dates. The main issue was finalized today, Mike was officially able to register at Loyola, so we are heading out tomorrow!

Just a quick precap of what we will be up to! Tomorrow at 10am we head to Davenport to board Finn and drop Dixie off with her grandparents. We also have to squeeze in a quick trip to the vet for Finn, no surprise there! Immediatly after the drop off we are on our way to Clevland, an 8 hour drive, where we will be crashing at a Crowne Plaza Hotel, which I hotwire.com'ed tonight for 60 bucks. Score! Friday morning we will wake up and drive another 10 hours to Rhode Island where upon arrival we will kick off our shoes and chill!

We have a few things planned during our time in RI. Some hiking, beaching, a dinner at my fav, Shelter Harbor with Mike's parents. Then we are off to Maine to see Mike's parents over that way! After Maine I booked us a room, again on hotwire.com, at Niagara Falls! I know this is very cheesy but I was at the Falls a few years ago for a wedding and I thought it was so cool! I wanted to go back again in warmer weather! So Sunday morning I am setting the alarm for 6 so we can hit the road to Niagara!! It should only be about a 9 hour drive. On Monday we will head back to Dport to get our little babies who we will miss so,so much.

The last month has been a whirlwind with all these big decisions to make, moving..oy! I feel a little scattered now but hopefully this vacation will get me somewhat back to normal. Well, unless I get this mew job and have to live in Massachutes for 2 months to train! Phew, one day at a time!!

No comments: