Friday, February 5, 2010

It's been too long and a long time coming...

Wow! I am currently in food como on the couch fighting the urge to unbutton my pants. Why? Tonight Mike and I fought starvation, we fought exhaustion, we endured a long two hour wait to eat at Kumas!!

I dined at Kumas when it first opened a few times but it was in my younger years when my love of alcohol outweighed my love of food and Mike, well he was a Kumas virgin! Kumas is the place to go for the best burger ever! Lucky for me, you can order all of their concoctions with a burger, chicken or a veggie burger, you gotta love a veggie friendly city!!

Tonight, against the odds, we were seated around 8:15 and let me tell you...it was WELL worth the wait!

I forgot my camera and it was too dark for me to take pics with my blackberry, believe me I tried. Luckily, I was able to steal some photos off the internet.

Have a look:



This is not what I had, but it paints a good picture. Above is the "Kuma Burger" topped with bacon, a fried egg and chedder cheese. Wow! What really sets these burgers apart, in my mind, is the pretzel bun, so good!

At Kuma's most of the burgers are all named after heavy metal bands, which adds to the charm. I had the Iron Maiden veggie burger with avocado, cherry peppers, pepper jack and chipotle mayo. This is my fav! Mike had the Kaijo with bacon, blue cheese and frizzled onions. I opted for a side salad instead of the waffle fries which had a super fresh basil dressing. I still managed to sneak in some of Mike's fries!

Just a few weeks ago Lady GaGa made a stop while playing a show in Chicago, yes, it is go good Lady GaGa had to try it!




Just for fun I googled to see what she had. She had the Judas Priest, bacon, blue cheese, dressing with apples, walnuts and dried cranberries.

No comments: