Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Wish I Was In Nola Cajun Shrimp Orzo

I didn't intend on changing my blog this evening but I got to playing around and, well, this is what happened! I kind of like the new look. Better colors, cleaner layout. Maybe I'll even get a new slide show up here eventually

I recently took a brief hiatus because I was blogging so much about food. I think I am going to cave and start archiving new recipes on here again. This has been the summer of my "test kitchen" and I have really come up with some great new dishes. Including one I made tonight:

I'll call this "I Wish I Was In Nola Cajun Shrimp with Orzo"

Ingredients
1 cup of orzo
1 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced or 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic in water
1 can of diced tomatoes, any variety really
1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp or precooked shrimp
1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fat free half-and-half

Preparation
1. Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain. Place pasta in a large bowl; keep warm.



2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and tomatoes; sauté 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Sprinkle shrimp with Cajun seasoning, red pepper, and salt. Add shrimp mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes if using raw, 1-2 minutes if already cooked; remove from heat. Stir in half-and-half. Pour shrimp mixture over pasta; toss.






This was so good served with salad and bread! Also quick and easy, what I like! I have some other recent success's I will post on here soon, they are just too good for me to forget!

Also, stayed tuned tomorrow for a special 2 year anniversary post! That's right, my sweetie and I have been married a whopping 2 years! It's scary how fast time is going! We've also been dating/married now for a grand total of...drumroll....3 years and 1 month! That is a record for me! Most of you who know me, know that I could never make it past the 2 1/2 year mark. I just got bored or decided enough was enough, or in one case, got dumped(after I initiated it of course), lol. My sweetie sure is a keeper, whether he likes it or not!

No comments: