Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Impromptu Breakfast

Sunday morning I was his by the food bug. I decided to raid my cupboards and see what I could pull together. Turns out I did a decent job.

I made apple, banana, oat muffins, I kind of just made them up
as I went:





1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/3 cup brown brown sugar
1 cup of oatmeal
3 tsp baking soda
1 tsp of salt
1 medium apple chopped
1 banana mashed
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tablespoons oil

Bake on 400 for 20 minutes. I made 9 muffins out of this, but I like my muffins big!

I wanted some protein to go along with the carb fest so I whipped up some eggs:



I opted for a scramble rather than my normal omelet and these turned out just great.

I beat about 6 eggs, added in 1/2 a cup of pressed and drained spinach, a little garlic powder and some pepperjack cheese.

All in all this was a healthy breakfast for me. I only indulged in one muffin. Funny how as of this morning they are all gone...I wonder who else has been indulging!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

those both look soooo good. I'm definitely jealous right now! :)

furlong family said...

for the muffins...maybe dixie or finn?!?!

Rene'e