Friday, June 26, 2009

Week 2

This was week two of me being unemployed, although I can't really count the first week since I was getting my unemployment figured out, stressing about a pending severance package that fell through and trying to figure out a routine.

During week two I managed to accomplish one of my goals, to get in a new workout routine. As I told my family Sunday, I am either going to look great in two months or blow up. With so much extra time on my hands I feel like I really need to step up my workouts, but believe it or not, when you are unemployed it's hard to get motivated. This week I ran 2 miles Monday outside and almost died from the heat. Tuesday I ran 2 miles inside and did an hour Zumba class and some weights. Wednesday was my day off, Thursday I ran about 2 miles outside and did an hour of Zumba and today I did about 20 minutes on the bike. I took some meds that turned me into a zombie today so the gym was pointless.

I'm happy that my workouts are becoming regular again. Next week I am going to explore some hobbies. It's been so long since I've had time for hobbies! I will say that all this extra time is nice but I really miss working in a creative environment and interaction with people during the day. My last job turned very sour the last few months. All talking was frowned upon, which is awful for a marketer and I really was not allowed to exercise my talents. I can't wait to get back into a team environment where ideas are bounced off one another constantly and the creative energy is flowing. I do need that in my life.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Mike and I were planning on camping tomorrow night, but it looks like rain again, surprise, surprise!

No comments: