Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lovin My Yummy Pizza

Today Mike and I did our grocery shopping for the week at Super Target. I have been experiencing major food burnout and really needed to mix it up, I knew going to a different grocery store would help mix things up. I always cook a bit more of a carb loaded dinner on Sunday night, I'm not sure why. I think it's just a good way to end the weekend, with some good food.

At the store today I picked up some whole wheat naan I'd being eye balling for a few weeks. I thought it would make a good base for individuals pizzas. I picked up some tomatos, fresh mozzarella and some tomato basil pasta sauce, I prefer it to pizza sauce actually. I forgot to grab some fresh basil but it didn't matter the pizzas were awesome! I made a small amount of pasta with fresh red pepper and zucchini since I wasn't sure if the pizza would be enough for Mike and a fresh salad with avocado again. So good and healthy!







Hopefully this will give me the energy needed to wake up early and do my Shred video tomorrow morning. I could really use a loong weekend! Since moving here I gave up my annual 30 day vacation package I had for years. It's been really tough not being able to take little breaks and long weekends here and there. Hopefully it pays off in the long run!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow, those look delicious! I am in a food rut at the moment: nothing seems to inspire me and I walk around the supermarket aimlessly... but these, these I will have to try!

The Adventuresome Road to Where? said...

Hi Vanessa,

I made the pizza for myself again last night. I'm hooked!