Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Breakfast Fav

I found a tasty recipe on a blog that I follow Eat, Drink and Be Aware and have been waiting for the weekend to make it. The recipe is for Vanilla Date Flax Oats.

Vanilla Date Flax Oats

1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/2 Silk Vanilla Soy Milk with Added Fiber
1/2 cup of water

Cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and top with:

1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
2 chewy dates, diced
6 almonds

I had to modify the original recipe a bit. I ommitted the ground flaxseed simply because I didn't have any but I plan on picking some up tomorrow as I have wanted to incorporate this into my diet for sometime. I also used all vanilla soy milk rather than half water and used walnuts instead of almonds. I added a little splenda brown sugar too. Mike and I both really like this and can't wait to have it again tomorrow!

No comments: