Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthday Boy Gets 31 Spankings

Last night we celebrated Mike's 31st birthday. I think 31 is a pretty big deal because it proves that life does not stop at 30 which is both good and bad.

We decided to try Hibachi for dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant Osaka. The sushi at Osaka is so great that we usually pass over the Hibachi without giving it much thought. Feeling adventurous and wanting to try something different we decided to go for it and the rest of the fam was down for it too.

For those of you who don't know what Hibachi is, it's when a chef prepares an array of steak, chicken, seafood, tofu and veggies along side some fried rice all your table on a flat top grill.



Our Hibachi guru's name was Tai Mai Shu, hahah get it? He was very skilled with his knife throwing skills, torching flames and sneaky tricks. I appreciated all of these except for the egg catching game. Tai Mai Shu went around the table and made everyone catch fried egg with their mouth straight off the flat top! I should add that I have a huge phobia of burning my mouth, and also a huge phobia of other people burning their mouths. I usually start of every meal with an obligatory, "Don't burn your mouth!" So I caught the egg with my hand, and asked everyone else who attempted to catch the egg if they burnt their mouth. I am happy to say no injuries were reported.



The dinner was great, and aside from the sodium, it leaned towards the side of healthy.



If you who live in the Quad Cites area the Osaka in Moline, IL has an awesome special Sun - Thursday. Steak or chicken Hibachi are 2 for $22. What a deal! The meal is also served with soup and salad.

Earlier in the day I stopped at a new bakery in downtown Davenport called Cupcakes, Muffins and More. I picked up a half dozen of these tasty treats. They were delicious and an insane bargain. One cupcake is only .75 cents! I was expecting them to be more in the $2-$3 range. A half dozen was only $3.99 and a dozen, $6.99, what a steal! We all managed to squeeze one of these in, more or less.




All in all we had a fun time celebrating my hubs birthday. Happy birthday sweetie! XOXO

No comments: