Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gardein




A few weeks ago I was walking the meat aisle aka the freezer section since I am a vegetarian, and was so excited to see a NEW product! Don't get me wrong, I love my staples but it's always a treat to try a new meatfree product! Even better when it tastes GREAT! The product I am speaking of are by Gardein. Initially I picked up the beefless tips. I made these on the stovetop and cooked them plain. In my opinion they do not even need a sauce! I served these with homemade curry rice and zucchini. This combo was so good, I made it again this week! Mike was on board too!

Tonight we tried the buffalo wings. Mike made a sandwich out of his. I ate my alone, with brown rice and a salad. These were super tasty as well. I really hope my Jewel adds more Gardein products to their offering. These are some of the best meatfree products I have had in a long time! Give em a try!

No comments: