Friday, May 28, 2010

A day to remember

Aside from Gary Coleman(RIP) and the 20th year anniversary celebration on E!, not really, but summer is approaching and aren't days more memorable in the summer? Whenever I find myself reminincing it's always some sort of memory that took place in the summer, sigh. Well it seems as though summer is here. We had a bit of a scare earlier this week, temps in the 90's AC cranked, maybe a bit too much summer, but now windows are open, people are out an about and snow boots are in the closet for good! Time to enjoy some good weather FINALLY!

This week has been a good one. I am settling into my new routine at work and Mike started his summer classes. We had a great laugh this morning as we were waking up at 8:45 for the 5th day in a row. I mean, how lucky are we! I wake up at 8:45, let the dogs out and am working by 9. Mike gets up, brews the coffee, gets ready and is off to work or class by 9:15. We feel so lucky to have this schedule right now. I am not an early bird so staying up till 12am and still catching a good 8 hours of sleep suits me just fine!

It's been a bit since I've blogged so here are a few picture highlights!

I have two new friends in my back yard, and while doing yard work snappped a pic of one.



We spent some time last weekend exploring a beautiful, historic cemetary in Chicago that I haven't been to in probably 6 or 7 years







I have also been making some delicious salads for dinner inspired by then newest Kraft Food and Family magazine! YUMMMMmmm




I'm off to enjoy the holiday weekend! I hope to have some fun adventures to report back on and a few new recipes too, including "Take a Hike Scones"!

No comments: