Sunday, May 10, 2009

Holy Yummy Sandwich!

Yesterday Mike and I hit a deli that's been on our list since we moved to Iowa. The Village Corner Deli is within walking distance of our house which is awesome since we miss all the walking we did in Chicago.

The deli is very quaint inside, the charm comes from the friendly staff and creative menu! Mike decided to try the Mad Irishman, go figure, which was smoked ham, sharp cheddar, bbq horseradish on marble rye served hot. This sandwich was AWESOME! I tried a bite so I can attest!

I opted for a build your own sandwich. I went with honey turkey, lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, pickles and light mayo on marble rye. Again, great sandwich! Many other clever names filled the menu board: The Ranch Head, The Ivory, The New Yorker...just to name a few.

What I also really enjoyed was the great side selection. Mike tried the olive salad which I stole many bites of, I was trying to spare some calories and opted not to order my own but they also had various types of pasta salads and chips.

I snapped a picture of my sandwich with my cell about half way threw. Not the best, but you get the idea! I have a feeling we will be going back again soon!

No comments: