Friday, March 6, 2009

Let Love Rule

The gay marriage ban has made it to the supreme court, oral arguments ended yesterday in California. It looks like the 18,000 marriages that took place during the brief time gay marriage was legal will be upheld. As far as overturning proposition 8, I have my fingers crossed.

I heard about this video while listening to Democracy Now this morning. A California group who heads the Courage Campaign asked people to send in personal images along with the message "Don't Divorce Us" and created this video.

In my opinion, I wonder why people are so concerned with how one chooses to live their life? If you don't like gay marriage, fine, whatever, then don't marry someone of the same sex. Why does it have to go any further than that?

Sometimes I wish I lived in Canada, eh?



No comments: