Saturday, March 28, 2009

An Early Start This Saturday

This morning Mike and I woke up around 8:45. Not so early...but usually on Saturday we lay around until 12,1,2,3 and then force ourselves to go to the gym. This is different when the weather is nice, but in the winter, I have little motivation to get up on the weekends.

This morning we were up and out of bed by 9:30. We decided to go grab a coffee and some breakfast. We ended up at Cafe Fresh in Moline. When we walked in I thought ok, this place is cute, but polished and shiny looking. I know, you are probably sick of hearing me say "In Chicago" but I miss the worn in places with tattered wood floors and paint chipping off the walls. I miss the character, sigh...but Cafe Fresh was almost there.

First things first, we ordered our coffees. I switched to green tea during the week, so coffee on the weekends is a special treat for me. I chose a skim latte and Mike a large coffee. I was a little dissappointed when our coffees came, I was looking forward a big comfy mug, but instead our drinks were served in white paper cups with a sleeve to keep from burning our hands. I removed the lid and thought, O well.

Next we ordered our breakfast. After looking over the menu of breakfast wraps, egg sandwiches, muffins, I chose a veggie breakfast wrap in a wheat tortilla and Mike a bagel sandwich with ham. Both of our selections were good, although Mike's bagel was pretty messy. The eggs were fried and when he bit down it squirted in his face. hahah. Mine was good, and I saved half my wrap for tomorrow.

Overall this place was cute and good. I don't know that I'll rush to go back anytime soon, but if you live in the area it's worth checking out.

O, then afterwards we shopped around a little and went to the gym. I got three miles and some weight lifting in!! Now, it's time for a nap!! How I love the weekend!!

No comments: