Monday, March 16, 2009

Dinner For One Orange Chicken Bowl

Tonight while force-feeding Mike gatorade and popcicles I made dinner for myself. I found the recipe in the Spring issue of Kraft Food and Family that just came out.

I enjoyed my dinner and the beer I had with it...and even better my view of my hubby layed out on the couch day 4.

Orange Chicken Bowl

1lb boneless skinnless chicken breast cut into strips (I used organic and cubed it)
1/4 cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1/4 cup orange juice
3 cups frozen stir fry veggies
3 cups of cooked rice( I used minute brown rice)
1/4 cup of Planters cocktail peanuts

Heat large skillet on med/high heat. Add chicken and stir fry 5-7 minutes, or until done.

Stir in dressing and oj, bring to a boil. Add in veggies, cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until heated through, stir occassionally.

Serve over rice.

Simple, healthy and tasty!



No comments: