Saturday, March 7, 2009

Body For Life

My friend Julie has been using Body For Life as a base for her workouts and meals for some time now. She's sent me some info in the past, mostly about the workouts and I've picked up a few tips.

I've been tracking my daily food and exercise on My Daily Plate for the past couple of weeks and I have been trying to get my protein up and carbs down which is actually quite a challenge. I went to the Body For Life website to get some meal ideas and made one this morning for me and the hubs. We used spray butter and sugar free syrup to add a little kick. I thought they were really good! If you're looking for IHOP, well, then, go to IHOP but if you want a pancake that's not overly sweet and wholesome tasting you will enjoy these!

Pancakes

1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites
2 Tbs applesauce
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbs brown sugar (i used splenda brown sugar)
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
cinnamon to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients together. Use batter to make about 3 pancakes.
Topping: @ 2 large strawberries, 6-8 red grapes, 2 Tbs applesauce and puree in a blender. Serve over pancakes. Use other fruits for variety.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

These look wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing them! I'm doing Weight Watchers and it's so rewarding to find yummy but guilt-free recipes!